SKU: pT-100 CoolLed pT-100 LED illumination system for transmitted light applications
CoolLed pT-100 LED illumination system for transmitted light applications
Part Number: cooled-pt-100
CoolLed pT-100 LED illumination system for transmitted light applications
The pT-100 is a compact and simple-to-use LED illumination system for transmitted light applications, including brightfield, darkfield, DIC, Dodt gradient contrast and phase contrast.
The system is available in four variants to bring the benefits of LEDs to modern laboratories. A broad white system provides a safer and convenient alternative to halogen by reducing harmful UV exposure to the eyes and is ideal for long hours spent at the microscope, while three narrow bandwidth options (525, 635 and 770 nm) optimise image quality through increased contrast. The pT-100-WHT and pT-100-770 nm are also available as variants with a 3 mm liquid light guide attachment, which is ideal for electrophysiology applications.
Utilising the highly successful pE-100wht technology, we have further developed our LED solutions for Transmitted Light Applications with the pT-100 range. Whether you’re looking for a broad white 100 W halogen replacement or want to optimise the quality of your images through the use of narrower spectrum wavelengths, the pT-100 can meet your needs.
CoolLED LED illumination technology offers a host of benefits over halogen systems, with instant on/off and irradiance control in 1% steps from the ergonomically designed manual control pod which can be positioned close at hand. Remote control is also available via a TTL trigger.
A true 100 W Halogen replacement: pT-100-WHT
Laboratories familiar with halogen lamps will find that CoolLED’s broad white achieves results which make the move to LEDs simple and apparent. Colour temperature remains constant as irradiance is increased which makes colour balancing unnecessary and improves standardisation between sessions. Samples will appear identical even though irradiance could be up to five times greater.
In addition, the pT-100-WHT does not produce unwanted light in the UV which makes it safer and more comfortable, as risk of eye damage is significantly lower.
Narrow bandwidth solutions eliminate background noise
White light LED systems using a phosphored LED can be a source of background noise when used as a transmitted light source, which reduces image contrast. Narrow bandwidth illumination systems remove this background source to improve image quality and enhance analysis – even in thicker samples and applications requiring infrared light.
- Higher contrast images: pT-100-525
Narrow bandwidth at 525 nm is optimised for the spectral response of most scientific cameras and reduces background noise from a phosphored LED.
- Revealing details in thick samples: pT-100-635
Narrow bandwidth at 635 nm provides deeper penetration, which is excellent for revealing detail in thicker samples.
- Infrared illumination of thicker samples: pT-100-770
Narrow bandwidth at 770 nm provides deeper sample penetration techniques that require the use of infrared light.
Liquid Light Guide for added flexibility
The pT-100-WHT and pT-100-770 nm are also available with a 3 mm liquid light guide as an alternative to using a direct attachment adaptor, offering two main benefits:
- Enhancing accuracy of sensitive electrophysiology experiments as remote positioning allows the Illumination Systems to be placed outside of a faraday cage, avoiding electrical interference.
- Added compatibility with microscopes which only feature a liquid light guide input, the collimating optics being an integral part of the microscope.
- Comfortable operation and reduced risk of eye damage as no unwanted UV
- Spectral performance matched to 100 W halogen, creating consistent images
- No variation in colour across irradiance range, removing the need to colour balance
- Replaces 100 W halogen lamp housing on most current and older microscopes – quick & easy exchange
- LLG version enhances accuracy for electrophysiology applications
- A phosphor-free illumination centred around 525 nm optimised for the spectral response of most scientific cameras
- Improved image contrast compared to white light source
- A phosphor-free solution for brightfield imaging with a peak of 635 nm providing deeper penetration in thicker samples
- Reduced phototoxicity of light-sensitive samples
- A specialised solution for IR contrast techniques such as DIC, Dodt contrast etc.
- Centred around 770 nm provides the optimal output for deeper sample penetration techniques requiring infrared light
- LLG version enhances accuracy of electrophysiology applications using thick tissue slices
he system comprises a pT-100 LED Light Source, control pod, and power supply.
100-240 V a.c. 50/60 Hz
1 W (standby)
20 W (full irradiance)
pT-100 Light Source (direct fit): 66 mm (diameter) x 128 mm(l) Weight 0.42 kg
pT-100 Control Pod: 102 mm(w) x 110 mm(d) x 50 mm(h) – Weight 0.55 kg
pT-100 Power supply: 55 mm(w) x 95 mm(d) x 40 mm(h) – Weight 0.19 kg
Environment & Safety
- Mercury-free & Laser-free
- Energy Efficient
- Long lifetime
- No bulb replacements
- Quiet operation
- No special disposal regulations or issues
- Reduced risk of eye damage. Care should be taken when viewing samples using the microscope eyepiece while the transmitted light source is switched on. Users should select the lowest irradiance setting on the pod before using the eyepiece and increase irradiance as necessary.
Control pod for operation and access to settings and usage history.
Manual control for instant on/off and irradiance control in 1% steps from 0 – 100%
Via single TTL for on/off control using a BNC connection on the control pod. Triggering speed <150 µs
Direct fit to a microscope
Specify a Microscope Adaptor from CoolLED’s range of transmitted port microscope adaptors.
Industry-leading 36 months. Read more here.
All data correct at time of publication
All returns must be authorized by Spectra Services in order to insure proper credit and must be requested within 30 days of purchase. All returns are subject to a minimum 15% restocking charge. For returns not due to error on behalf of Spectra Services, the customer is responsible for all transportation fees related to the returned product. To ensure proper credit, each product return must include the following information:
- Customer name and address
- Purchase order number
- Spectra Services shipping order number
- Date of invoice
- Item number of returned item(s)
- Spectra Services return authorization number (RMA)
- Reason for return
Unfortunately, Spectra Services is unable to accept the following returns at this time:
- Products not in completely resalable condition (including products with damaged, missing, or defaced labeling or packaging
- Chemicals, reagents, diagnostics, sterile, or any controlled products (unless products do not meet specification
- Labroatory apparatus or instruments that have been used or are without the original packaging, labeling and operating manuals
- Refrigerated products or other perishables
- Products which are not inventoried by Spectra Services and are not able to be returned to the manufacturer
- Products purchased on a special order
- Products not purchased from Spectra Services
- Products with an expired shelf life or an expiration date too short for resale
- Discontinued products
Spectra Services reserves the right to review this policy on a case-by-case basis.
Upon receipt of the pre-owned product(s), the customer has one week to evaluate the product to ensure it meets their expectations. If for some reason the customer decides to return the product, they may do so at any point during those seven (7) days for a full refund. No restocking fee will be assessed, however, the customer is responsible for the return shipping costs. Full credit will be issued upon receipt and inspection of the item(s) to ensure equipment was returned in the same condition it was initially shipped out in.
All exchanges and returns require the completion of a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) form. Once completed, please return the merchandise immediately as the RMA number is only active for ten (10) days from the date of issuance.
Charges associated with returning items are the responsibility of the customer unless the item(s) arrived defective, damaged, or incorrect.
Spectra Services highly recommends that return packages be insured for full value and packaged securely to prevent shipping damage.
We're Here To Help
Your satisfaction is important to us! Use this form Contact Us to email us your questions about products, online orders, store experiences and more.
If you need help or have any other questions concerning your orders, please click on the "Contact us" form above or call: 800-955-7732.
249 David Parkway
Ontario, NY 14519 US
"I'm having a hard time searching for a product."
That's no problem. We're more than happy to assist you in your search. Give us a call, or drop us a line and let us know what you're looking for as best you can. We're always adding partner brands, and it's difficult to keep up with the thousands of products that get added to our lineup. Our sales specialists know our lineup best, and are most willing to help you find the solution(s) you need!
"Why can't I complete my order online?"
You most likely have one or more items in your shopping cart that are not priced. If you find that you can't complete an order, contact us via phone or email for further assistance.
"What types of payments do you accept?"
That's an easy one. We're very flexible when it comes to payment. Not only do we accept most major credit cards (Visa, Master Card, Discover, American Express), we also offer you the flexibility of paying by check, money order, wire transfers, and purchase orders. Work with any one of our sales specialists to figure out which method is best for you!
"Do you charge sales tax?"
Currently, we are authorized to collect sales tax in California, Connecticut, Florida, Indiana, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas and Washington. If we ship to any of these states, we are obligated to charge sales tax unless you provide us with a tax exempt certificate. You can either fax a copy of the certificate to our New York office (585.265.4374) or email it to Cathy ([email protected]).
"Do you offer special pricing for government and educational entities?"
Absolutely! Contact any one of our sales specialists to work out the details!
"I just placed an order. Can I modify/cancel it?"
We pride ourselves on providing you with a responsive and efficient buying experience. We are able to address your concerns in an accurate and timely fashion, and can usually ship your order within 24 hours of order placement. If you contact us within that window, we'll do our absolute best to accommodate your needs and concerns prior to shipment.
"Do you accept international orders?"
Of course! While we require a bank wire prior to shipment of the product on international orders, we assure you that the process is just as smooth for domestic orders. Take a look at our
International Shipping Policy and contact us if we can assist.
"Will I be charged for shipping?"
Shipping charges will be added to your invoice unless you provide us with your UPS, DHL, or FedEx account number. For a more detailed insight into our shipping process, see our shipping information page.
"I received a damaged shipment. What can I do?"
Accidental damage during shipment can sometimes happen. When you take delivery of your freight, please inspect thoroughly for any visible damage to the outside of the shipping container before signing for it. If there are multiple pieces to the shipment, please account for all them. Should you find that any of the products are damaged or missing after receipt, contact us within three days to address the matter.
"I'd like to make a return. How do I do that?"
Take a look at our Return Policy, and then contact us to continue with the process. Let us know if you have any questions.
"Can you guarantee pricing and availability?"
While we attempt to list and provide you the most up-to-date pricing, we reserve the right to make changes. Additionally, we cannot guarantee that we will always have a product in stock, but we do our best to accommodate your needs. If you have questions regarding pricing or availability, please do not hesitate to ask.
"Can you explain where you come up with the 'List Price,' please?"
Our "List Price" represents the full retail price as suggested by the supplier or manufacturer, the price estimated based on comparable items offered elsewhere in the marketplace, a former price the item was offered for by Spectra Services, or the price estimated in accordance with industry standards. Please note that we do our best to provide accurate list prices, and that it may vary by geographic location.