The FBS10: The next logical step in hybrid microscope design. This configuration was inspired by leading C. Elegans researchers who wanted better light throughput to identify weak fluorescence markers in transgenics without the need to remount live animals from plastic agar dishes. Manipulators and pick-ing are accommodated by an open design with sufficient working distance even at high magnification. The user can flip to pseudo-stereo to enhance 3D imaging.
The fluorescence turret is our unique patented design that couples to modern light sources by liquid light guide and can hold up to 8 filter cubes.
In standard form, a separate white light illuminator can be plugged into the base with a mirror reflector. For thicker transparent species, like zebrafish, a DIC option is a powerful accessory.
|Standard FBS10 Fluorescence System Includes
- Long working distance high Numerical Aperture
objectives provide high fluorescence throughput
- Quick magnification change from low to high power by Flip Zoom 0.5X – 1X- 2X using the same objective, ideal when using micromanipulators
- Quintuple revolving nosepiece
- Objective magnification range from 1X to 400X
- 8 position Fluorescence Illuminator holds up to 8 different filter cubes in Turret for quick changes between wavelengths
- Prism slider provides 100% light to camera
- High intensity liquid guide lightsource
- Stereo observation ideal for manipulation in C. elegans picking
- Coarse and fine focus drive with different gear ratio options
- Transmitted light Mirror Base with hand rests, sliding and tilting parabolic mirror gives higher N.A.
- High resolution with long working distance
- NO slide mounting necessary! The FBS10 works through a covered petrie dish and agar environment
- Better light throughput than stereo
- DIC model available with condenser base and glide stage for fine positioning
- Unique patented turret design allows rapid changes of multiple filter sets
- Up to 8 filter cubes may be installed on each Fluorescence Illuminator
- High Fluorescence Resolution on Agar - no need for slide mounting
- Stereo vision for sorting under high magnification
- DIC option for high contrast imaging
- Foot switch light control for switching transmitted light on or off
- Research transmitted light base with hand rests & condenser (0.2 – 0.5NA) allows oblique illumination
- Glide stage with mechanical condenser shutter eliminates condenser reflections in fluorescence using low power objectives. Lockable stage for C. elegans picking
- Differential Interference Contrast usable through agar and plastic petri dishes provides magnification range 25X to 400X
- Trinocular observation tube (100- 100% or 50-50%)
- LED lightsource for transmitted light option