Schott KL 2500 LED -- Advanced LED Light Source for Fiber Optics
The KL 2500 LED is an innovative fiber optic light source which uses cold light to illuminate all types of objects in industrial and life science applications. The brightness is equivalent to a 250-watt halogen lamp and therefore ideal as a powerful illumination system for the requirements of state of the art high end stereo microscopes.
The extra fine dimming and display fits to the highest optical magnifications and far advanced applications. As the chosen LEDs have a long lifetime of at least 50,000 hours it is maintenance free for the user and avoids service and downtime costs.
The ripple free illumination is perfect for digital imaging applications and the color temperature of 5,600 K of the emitted neutral white light does not change when the light source is dimmend. In addition all features can be externally controlled via USB from the mircroscope software.
The KL 2500 LED combines all advantages of LED light with the advantages of illumination through fiber optics: All different types of light guides of the KL 1500 series can be connected to the KL 2500 LED. It enables the full flexibility to realize all common illumination techniques. Like all KL light sources the KL 2500 LED is designed for a wide range of power supply (100-240 V; 50-60 Hz). It has been approved and certified as laboratory equipment and is in compliance with the CE regulations.
The Schott KL 2500 LED is the performance leader in cold light sources from SCHOTT with a LED light engine. Due to its high light output and special features it complies with advanced requirements in life science and industrial applications of Stereo Microscopy and Macroscopy. The brightness is equivalent to a 250-Watt halogene cold light source. (Please note country specific power cord must be purchased seperately)
KL 2500 Features:
- all basic functions like wide range power supply, continuous dimming from 0 to 100% and filter slider with two positions
- PC controllable via USB
- 1100 lm lightflux
- Slim Ergonomical Design
- Filter Slider
- Extra Fine Dimming
- connection for foot switch and remote control
- electronic shutter function
- LCD display indicates brightness setting, operation mode, or error code
- intensity control at three sensitivities (fine, standard and coarse tuning)
- 1000 Lumens output at light guide end (light guides with active diameter of 9 mm)
- All advantages of LED light sources, no bulb changing, low energy consumption, ripple free DC illumination and white light (daylight) are combined with the main advantages of fiber optics, significantly higher light intensity focused to a small field of view and high flexibility of light and illumination techniques.