Schott KL 1600 LED light source for fiber optics
The KL 1600 LED is an innovative fiber optic light source which uses cold light to illuminate all types of objects in industrial and life science applications.
SCHOTT has developed and designed a multiple LED driven light source to provide an attractive alternative to conventional halogen cold light sources. The brightness is equivalent to a 150-watt halogen lamp and therefore ideal as a powerful illumination system for the requirements of all modern stereo microscopes.
Due to its slim design, the KL 1600 LED can be placed close to microscope stand or pillar. The dimming control is than ergonomically placed to the microscope. As the chosen LEDs have a long lifetime of at least 50,000 hours it is maintenance free for the user and avoids service and downtime costs. The ripple free illumination is perfect for digital imaging applications and the color temperature of 5,600 K of the emitted neutral white light does not change when the light source is dimmend.
The KL 1600 LED combines all advantages of LED light with illumination through fiber optics: All different types of light guides of the KL 1500 series can be connected to the KL 1600 LED. This allows the full flexibility to realize all common illumination techniques. Like all KL light sources the KL 1600 LED is designed for a wide range of power supply (100-240 V; 50-60 Hz). It has been approved and certified as laboratory equipment and is in compliance with the CE regulations.
- significantly higher light intensities can be focused to a very small field of view
- compact housing with small footprint
- brightness is equivalent to a 150-watt halogen cold light source
- extremely long lifetime of at least 50,000 hours
- 80% lower energy consumption
- reduction of costs of ownership as well as of downtime costs
- all kinds of light guides of the KL 1500 series can be connected to the KL 1600 LED
- Multiple-chip white LED light engine
- Continuous dimming from 0 to 100%
- Compact high quality housing with integrated handle
- Small footprint and additional iron ballast for stability when use with goosenecks
- Filter slider with two positions (filter can remain in the light source even if it is not used)
- Easy to use fixture mechanism with clamping screw
- Comprehensive range of light guides and accessories available (KL 1500 series)
- Ultra low noise fan for ergonomic use in the laboratory
- Ripple free DC illumination
|Part number||150 600|
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||(mm) / (inch)||114 x 231 x 137 / 4.5" x 9.1" x 5.4"|
|Cooling||Ultra low noise fan|
|Operating voltage, frequency||100 - 240 V ̴ , 50 - 60 Hz|
|Input voltage||(V)||24 V|
|Power consumption||(VA)||Max. 37|
|Average LED life time||(h)||> 50,000¹|
|Luminous flux||(lm)||Approx. 680²|
|Color temperature||(K)||Approx. 5,600|
|Active light guide diameter||(mm)||Max. 9|
|Marking / Approval||CE (power supply: CE, UL, PSE)|