The SMS15 stereo microscope boom stands are suited for routine inspection of large samples where continuous horizontal movement of the stereo-microscope is not required.
Tried and true design, premium materials and precision machining have made SMS15 boom stands the gold standard for high quality, durability and economy. The precision ground shafts slide on nylon bearing surfaces and are clamped securely in the solid aluminum cross slider by soft-grip knobs. The stereo microscope mounting is via the industry standard 5/8" bonder socket. Non-bonder style stereo microscope focus mounts and cameras are easily accommodated via tilting and non-tilting adapters. The SMS15 comes with a table clamp.
- Large precision ground 38mm (1.47") shafting
- Anti-corrosion surfaces of stainless steel, anodized aluminum, plated steel and catalyzed epoxy solid aluminum cross slider block with nylon bearing surfaces
- 15.75" or 24" tall vertical pole standard, custom lengths available
- 20.5" long horizontal pole standard, custom lengths available
- 5/8" diameter bonder mount socket for standard stereo microscope focus mounts
- Adapters available for current and legacy non-bonder stereo microscope focus mounts and cameras with 1/4-20" threaded mounts
- Variety of base mounting systems