CoolLED pE-100 LED Fluorescence Microscope Light Source
The pE-100 series is a mercury-free family of compact and simple to use LED illumination systems which can be configured to deliver light directly to a microscope, or via a liquid light guide or multimode fiber. Systems can be specified at any one of 20 different LED wavelengths.
Operation is by a remote manual control pod with instant on/off and intensity control from 0-100%. Remote control is available via a TTL trigger.
The pE-100 system has been developed for fluorescence applications requiring a single LED excitation wavelength. It is perfect for clinical applications such as routine screening (e.g. using Auramine for Tuberculosis), for research applications requiring precise intensity control and fast-switching, or for electrophysiology applications where light has to be delivered to a specific location. The user can select from 20 different LED wavelengths, ranging from the near-UV at 365nm to the near-IR at 770nm. The system comprises a pE-100 LED Light Source, control pod, and power supply.
There are three standard pE-100 configuration options:Direct-fit(pE-100) for connecting to a microscope (epi-port) by selecting from a range of microscope adaptors which covers all current and most older models. A simple once only adjustment will allow optimisation to the optical path of the microscope.Liquid Light Guide(pE-100light guide) with a fixed 3mm diameter, liquid light guideFiber(pE-100fiber) with an SMA connection for accepting multimode fibers. The pE-100fiber has been designed with efficient coupling into a wide range of multimode fibers. The pE-100fiber also includes excitation filter holders. Combining pE-100s:Direct fit configurationpE-100 units can be combined using the pE-Combiner for applications requiring a second LED wavelength with independent control and triggering.Liquid light guide or multimode fiberusing a fixed two wavelength configuration can be specified. Two pE-100 Light Sources are combined, providing independent control and triggering.
The pE-100 offers:-
- Broadest LED spectrum available: 365-770nm replaces metal halide or mercury
- Compatible with existing single and multi-band filter sets no need to buy new filters
- Instant on/offno shutters required, no warm up or cool down
- Simple to fit, simple to use no alignment, a once only adjustment
- Stable & repeatable reliable and consistent results
- Wide range of microscope adaptors fits most microscopes
- Precise intensity control in 1% steps (0-100%) no ND filters required
- Excellent uniformity over field of view fixed and stable, no alignment necessary
- Long lifetime expected to exceed 25,000 hours of operating time
Environment & Safety
LED products are more sustainable and energy efficient than conventional illuminators. CoolLED's products have the following benefits:
- Energy Efficient: 80% less power
- Long lifetime (25,000 operating hours)
- No bulb replacements
- Reduced risk of eye damage
- Quiet operation
- No special disposal regulations
System = 12 months, LEDs = 36 months