Linkam TS1400XY Hot Stage
The ceramic tube heater completely encases the sample in a uniform temperature controlled environment enabling high accuracy control right up to 1400°C within a gas sealed chamber. Samples are mounted on a sapphire sample slide that can be moved in 6mm in XY directions to explore your sample.
Fluid inclusion geologists and material scientists interested in high speed quench cooling can add a special manipulator that enables rapid transfer from the heater to a much colder platform resulting in ultra fast cooling rates of up to 240°C per second.
The sample temperature is accurately controlled by the T95 controller which enables the stage to heat samples at an incredible 200°C/min.
A recent publication by Rosario Esposito* and his colleagues at Virigina Tech has demonstrated how this instrument can be used to investigate the behaviour of melt inclusions up to 1360°C.
- Temperature Range ambient to 1400°C
- Heating rates from 1 to 200°C/min
- Temperature stability 1°C
- Type S Pt-10% Rh/Pt thermocouple
- Max Sample sizes: 5x5mm, 0.5mm thick
- 6mm X,Y sample manipulation
- Objective lens minimum working distance: 6mm
- Condenser minimum working distance: 12.5mm
- Light aperture: 1.7mm for accurate sample temperature
- Suitable for transmitted and reflected light
- Gas tight chamber for atmospheric control
- Clamps directly to microscope substage
- Water cooling connections for stage lid and body
- Low mass for fast response in both heating and cooling
- Selection of different window materials and thicknesses available