Linkam BCS196 Cryobiology Stage
The BCS196 has been continually improved over the last 20 years as a result of continual feedback from the world's leading cryobiologists.
The sample can be easily moved in X and Y directions using the precision ground stainless steel manipulators, enabling the user to follow ice crystal growth across the sample.
The seeding point on the side of the cooling element can be used to seed ice crystal growth into the sample.
Unrivaled accuracy and control of temperature enable the user to characterize low temperature sample morphology to better than 0.1°C and hold a stability of 0.001°C.
The response time to a 'Hold' or 'Limit' command where the temperature is stable to 0.1°C is only 0.1 seconds at 30°C/min.
Rate of cooling effects ice crystal size and extremely fast cooling completely changes ice structure. The BCS196 can be modified with a quench cooling feature that enables you to push the sample from an isolated platform onto the pre-cooled silver block and achieve cooling rates approaching 5000°C/min.
- Temperature range: -196°C to 125°C
- Controlled heating and cooling rates of 0.01 to 150°C/min
- 16mm XY sample manipulation
- Designed for use with the Linksys32 software
- Nitrogen gas ventilated windows to eliminate condensation
- Novel low profile lid design for rapid lens change
- Extremely efficient use of liquid nitrogen
- Stage body size: 135x92x22.1mm
- Mounts directly on microscope substage using stage clamps
- Objective lens working distance: 0.1mm (with special lid) to 4.5mm
- Condenser lens minimum working distance: 12.7mm
- Light aperture: 1.3mm diameter for accurate sample temperatures
- Special lid available for short working distance objectives